Truck Driving Benefits
Stevens knows that its success is riding with its drivers. That’s why we want to take good care of you with great truck driving benefits. We provide drivers and their families with a full package of benefits to help you enjoy peace of mind and attain all the best things a career has to offer.
- Medical Plan—Our medical plan offers multiple coverage options at competitive group rates and includes truck driving benefits for prescription drug coverage.
- Vision Plan—The plan offers in-network and out-of-network benefits. Participation in the medical plan automatically provides enrollment in the vision plan at no additional cost.
- $50,000 Life Insurance—A term policy is provided to employees who participate in the medical program at no additional cost. The option to purchase additional insurance is available.
- Dental Plan—The plan offers complete coverage. Participation in the medical plan automatically provides enrollment in the dental plan at no additional cost.
- Disability Insurance– Employees may elect coverage for short and long-term disability protection.
- 401K Savings Plan—After one year of continuous employment, you may choose to participate. Save up to 15% of pay before taxes. Stevens matches 50 cents for each dollar an employee contributes – up to $800 each year.
- Vacation—You are eligible for vacation after you have worked for Stevens Transport for one year. The vacation schedule is based on your length of service.
- Holidays—Stevens observes a competitive holiday schedule
- Military Leave—Stevens proudly supports the men and women in the military. The company provides unpaid time off for required military training and service.
- Emergency Driver Assistance Fund—Drivers who face particular family or personal emergencies can apply for special financial assistance from this fund.
- Personal Driver Manager—Drivers can depend on their Driver Manager back at Stevens’ headquarters to guide them from pick up to delivery, coordinate all load logistics, help with personal or family issues, and make sure you get back home when you really need to.
- On-site Drivers Lounge—Stevens’ terminal provides drivers with showers, washer and dryers, pool tables, computers, big screen TV, and a sports court.
- On the Job Training—Drivers with little or no experience receive over-the-road training while getting paid.
- Career Counselor—Stevens promises drivers more than just a job—we provide you with a career to last a lifetime. Whether you want to stay on the road or move into a corporate job at Stevens, our guidance counselors help employees plot their long-term career path.
- Rider Program—Drivers can share the adventure by bringing friends and family members along for the ride.